Doing Something Just For The Sake of Making Money
Should Never be Your Sole Purpose. Such Things Simply
Doing Something For The Purpose of Loving And Serving Other People, For Helping Other People—For Which You Are Rewarded
Financially Will be Blessed by God Himself.
YOUR MOTIVES ARE CRITICALLY IMPORTANT
I initiated my business on February 22, 1977, over 42 years ago. I don’t know, nor do I fully understand, the how and why God Almighty does the things He does or allows the things to happen that he does, but I do know that it is my personal responsibility to learn His ways and to obediently follow them without fail, fear, or trepidation! Of course, a person simply cannot do that unless and until he knows His Creator and trusts Him. I always knew there had to be something or someone greater than man, I just didn’t know then who that “being” was or what He would do for me and my family. Little did I realize in 1977 what the future held for me. I just knew I was totally excited about my anticipated future and that it was going to be a great one.
I had no idea about just how much I was going to learn and grow and change from my launch date until now. Change is most usually a scary thing for most people. They seem to want to fight change at every step of its way. When you stop and think about change, it should be rather obvious that there is really nothing to fear about it. Change has been occurring every day since the beginning of time. It is still occurring every day, and it will continue to happened on into the future!
Change is a natural by-product of the act of growing and maturing. Don’t fight it! Learn and grow from it!
God Almighty has a plan for your life, and if you develop a personal relationship with God’s Son, The Lord Jesus Christ, that Plan will materialize for you. Consequently His blessings and rewards will shower down all over your life for the rest of your life. Developing that referenced “Personal Relationship” is key! You cannot have a relationship with a dead person!
As I grew my business over the passing years, I soon learned that if I truly wanted success to occur in my life, I had to obey God’s Laws of Success. That meant I first had to learn those Laws. They were all recorded within the pages of the Holy Scripture—The Holy Bible. And so “learning God’s Laws of Success became my personal motive so that I could then apply those laws, so I could reap their promised rewards!—that became my personal motivation. The work must always be properly put in (applied), before any rewards could be honestly taken out. Deposits must always be made before any legal withdrawals can ever be made.
I soon learned that if ever I wanted to solve a situation, issue, controversy, or dispute within my personal business or other life activities, I first needed to go to God’s Word, learn what He has to say about how to resolve that type of issue, and then follow His instructions “to-the-letter,” and resolve the perplexing struggle with which I was faced. Doing things this way worked every time! God’s Way is always the best way!
With all that said, permit me to use the same procedures I have laid out for you and apply them directly towards myself and the situation we are discussing in this article. It is all discussed within the Book of Acts, Chapter 8, verses 4–40 NKJV:
Christ is Preached in Samaria
(4) “Therefore, those who were scattered went everywhere
preaching the word.
(5) Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria and preached
Christ to them.
(6) And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things
spoken by Philip, hearing and seeing the miracles which he
(7) For unclean spirits, crying with a loud voice, came out of
many who were possessed; and many who were paralyzed
and lame were healed.
(8) And there was great joy in that city.
The Sorcerer’s Profession of Faith
(9) But there was a certain man named Simon, who previously
practiced sorcery in the city and astonished the people of
Samaria, claiming that he was someone great,
(10) to whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest,
saying, ‘This man is the great power of God.’
(11) And they heeded him because he had astonished them with
his sorceries for a long time.
(12) But when they believed Philip as he preached the things
concerning the kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus
Christ, both men and women were baptized.
(13) Then Simon himself also believed; and when he was
baptized he continued with Philip, and was amazed, seeing
the miracles and signs which were done.
The Sorcerer’s Sin
(14) Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that
Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and
John to them,
(15) who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they
might receive the Holy Spirit.
(16) For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only
been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
(17) Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy
(18) And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the
apostle’s hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them
(19) saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I
lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”
(20) But Peter said to him, Your money perish with you,
because you thought that the gift of God could be
purchased with money!
(21) You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your
heart is not right in the sight of God.
(22) Repent therefore of this your wickedness and pray God if
perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.
(23) For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by
(24) Then Simon answered and said, ‘Pray to the Lord for me,
that none of the things which you have spoken may come
(25) So when they had testified and preached the word of the
Lord, they returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel in
many villages of the Samaritans.
Christ Is Preached to an Ethiopian
(26) Now an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip, saying, ‘Arise, and
go towards the south along the road which goes down from
Jerusalem to Gaza.’ This is desert.
(27) So he arose and went. And behold, a man of Ethiopia, a
eunuch of great authority under Candace the queen of the
Ethiopians, who had charge of all her treasury, and had
come to Jerusalem to worship,
(28) was returning. And sitting in his chariot, he was reading
Isaiah the prophet.
(29) Then the Spirit said to Philip, ‘Go near and overtake this
(30) So Philip ran to him and heard him reading the prophet
Isaiah, and said, ‘Do you understand what you are reading?’
(31) And he said, ‘how can I, unless someone guides me?’ And
he asked Philip to come up and sit with him.
(32) The place in the Scripture which he read was this:
“He was led as a sheep to the slaughter;
And as a lamb before the shearer is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
(33) In His humiliation His justice was taken away,
And who will declare His generation?
For His life is taken from the earth”
(34) So the eunuch answered Philip and said, ‘I ask you of whom
does the prophet say this, of himself or of some other man?’
(35) Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this
Scripture, preached Jesus to him .
(36) Now as they went down the road, they came to some water.
And the eunuch said, ‘See, here is water. What hinders me
from being baptized?’
(37) Then Philip said, ‘If you believe with all your heart, you
And he answered and said, ‘I believe that Jesus Christ is the
Son of God.’
(38) So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip
and the Eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized
(39) Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the
Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no
more; and he went on his way rejoicing.
(40) But Philip was found at Azotus. And passing through, he
preached in all the cities till he came to Caesarea.”
So you see, your motives must be right before your motivations will ever work properly for you and your desires. God himself wants to have a good personal relationship with you…before…you begin asking for “things” or “favors” from Him. Get your heart right and centered on the truly great things that God has in store for you, the committed believer in Him and His Son, Jesus Christ.
When your values and desires are in concert with God’s Plan for your life, meaning that your personal motives are properly in place, then your energy, efforts, and resources are ready to be invested into your motivation to accomplish your intended life purpose.
Get the order of events right and in place and the whole accomplishment will be quickly and immediately established.
You do your part first and God will then do his part.
Peace And Love to All of You……………………Poppa Bear